Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Women's Murder Club and Crime Solving [Video]

1st to Die (The Women's Murder Club)In the WPBF news interview below, James Patterson describes where his idea for the Women's Murder Club novel series came from.  This is relevant to my current research because the current focus of the research is on how the four women in the Women's Murder Club TV series do (or do not) approach crime solving differently than men do.

Patterson says in the interview: "I love the way women solve problems.  They do it differently than men.  When men get together they all come in and say 'I have the answer,' 'No, I have the answer.'  Women... are more collaborative.  And I think that makes for a very unique approach to crime solving."

"I grew up in a house full of women, mother, grandmother, three sisters, two female cats.  And that buzz still [inaudible] in my head.  So, that is how I think I got part, part of why I got writing that particular series."



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82QYH4r-_2s






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Your comment will be reviewed.
If acceptable, it will be posted after it is carefully reviewed. The review process may take a few minutes or maybe a day or two.