Thursday, June 21, 2012

PKD Research: "Roog," the dog said... [AUD]

I've been doing a little adaptation research on the science fiction writer, Philip K. Dick. Many of his stories have been adapted to film (Total Recall, Blade Runner, etc.)

I came across this audio version of his 1953 story "Roog". I though I'd share. The audio comes from Miette's Bedtime Story Podcast.  Here is some background on the story, but listen the very short story first.  It's about 15 minutes.



Funny little SF story, yeah?  PKD, however, wrote that the story "tells of fear, it tells of loyalty and of obscure menace."  It makes us think of seeing the world from different perspectives, too.



Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.






1 comment:

  1. ... So long. *blinks eyes* No offense, but for what reason did you think I would like listening to this?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Your comment will be reviewed.
If acceptable, it will be posted after it is carefully reviewed. The review process may take a few minutes or maybe a day or two.