What are the common components of a story?
- Writer of story
- Characters in story - hero, villain, etc.
- Setting(s) - where the story happens
- Plot - what happens in the story
- Conflict - internal or external
- Dialogue - what the characters say
- Exposition - information about character, setting, etc.
- Premise - what is it about
- A moral or theme - the lesson of the story
Does a novel have all of these components? A children's book? A print news story? You may not call it "plot" in a print news story, but it is there. What about a song or a commercial?
Do you see the story components in this trailer of the film adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are?
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.