According to Fortner, any international communication activity has the following characteristics. Think of an international communication activity (e.g., a U.S. film shown in China). Does it have these characteristics?
- public - e.g., TV or radio broadcast
- private - e.g., encrypted Internet message
- Distributive Technologies
- How is it distributed? Radio/TV waves, cables/wires, film/cassettes, CDs, Internet, etc.
- Content Form
- Cultural Consequences
- Dominant countries impose cultural values on other countries?
- e.g., MTV stations in Asia? The results of MTV in Asia?
- Political Nature
- "All [INC] is political in one way or another" (Fortner).
- Political = power/control
Twitter account associated with Iran's leader criticises France (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News, 2013 )
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.