Source: Diffusion of Innovations, 4th ed.
We can boil the decision process down to just five steps.
Rogers’ model for the adoption decision process
What are the steps in the adoption decision process?
- "Knowledge - learning about the existence and function of the innovation
- Persuasion - becoming convinced of the value of the innovation
- Decision - committing to the adoption of the innovation
- Implementation - putting it to use
- Confirmation - the ultimate acceptance (or rejection) of the innovation”
Think carefully about the most recent new tech you bought, I mean adopted. Did you go through this process? Review the process above and think about it.
What was the tech? How did you learn about the new tech? How were you persuaded to get it? What about the rest of the process?
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.