- Positiveness: Expression of positive attitudes toward self and others.
- Other-Orientation: Attentiveness, interest, and concern for others.
- Empathy: Feeling as the other feels.
- Mindfulness: Being aware of the above skills.
- Metacommunication: Being aware of what is happening in the communication. Being able to think and talk about the talk.
Even before developing effective intercultural communication skills, we need to learn and practice the above basic interpersonal skills. These are fundamental.
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.