Apple, Siri and Artificial Intelligence -- A Duet With Siri (iPhone 4s Song)
Artificial intelligence (AI) is "the intelligence of machines and the branch of computer science that aims to create it. AI textbooks define the field as 'the study and design of intelligent agents' where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success" (Wikipedia).
Is Siri AI? Or is it just speech recognition? Difference?
What do you see in the future for such technology? What is the future of AI and media tech?
More on Apple and Steve Jobs...
- What I learned from Steve Jobs (CNET - Guy Kawasaki)
- What are your thoughts on Kawasaski's lessons?
In Other News...
- How Twitter Tracks the Spread of Disease in Real Time (Mashable)
- The 99% (The Daily Show) - Jump to about 1:30 into the clip.
- "The People’s Microphone: Bullhorns and microphones are not allowed at Zuccotti Park. Instead, Occupy Wall Street demonstrators addressing the crowd say “mic check,” giving everyone else the cue to loudly repeat short segments of whatever the speaker says so others farther away can hear (Slate.com)
See even more media technology in the news from the past week and earlier on my "hand-picked" MediaTech in the News Delicious bookmarks.
Also check out past "Media Tech in the News" posts.
The Media Tech in the News posts are "published" every Tuesday evening (or early Wednesday).
Please help this to continue. Words of encouragement and constructive criticism welcomed. Comment below.
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.