Here are some news articles that I've read, in whole or in part. My fellow faculty members, I thought you might also have an interest in the articles. If you'd want to talk about or offer your comments about any of these, just post a comment below.
New on YouTube:
TedTalk: Peter Norvig: The 100,000-student classroom
New on NPR:
College Freshmen Learn From 'Enrique's Journey' : NPR (Audio and Text)
FYI - The Headlines:
- Georgia Student Newspaper Editors Quit, Claiming Interference - NYTimes.com
- Graduating All Students Innovation-Ready - edweek.org
- Education Week: App Creation Inspires Student Entrepreneurs
- Discussing 'The College Advantage' | Inside Higher Ed
- The Lonely Life of the Academic | Inside Higher Ed
- A Twist on Video-Based Education: MIT's New "Reality TV" Show
- Five Reasons You Should Nap | HackCollege
- Leaving the Laptop Behind - ProfHacker - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- 5 Essential Gadgets For The College Student Without A Budget | HackCollege
Click for more teaching-related news from this week.
Note: Some of the Chronicle articles may not have the full story. Usually they offer just the lead of the story and charge for full access. However, your university probably has full access. If you are interested in a Chronicle story from above, check with your universities library site. For example, my university (NSU), offers access to the full articles.
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.