Thursday, August 25, 2011

Textbooks I Use in My MediaTech Course

Broadcasting, Cable, the Internet and Beyond: An Introduction to Modern Electronic Media
Broadcasting, Cable, the Internet and Beyond: An Introduction to Modern Electronic Media

DIFFUSION OF INNOVATIONS, 4TH ED.
DIFFUSION OF INNOVATIONS, 4TH ED.


My undergraduates read the first book (Broadcasting, Cable, the Internet and Beyond)
My graduates read both.

I use a slightly older editions and encourage students to get a used copy. This approach saves students a lot of $$. Instead of $105, they pay $5. There may be some drawbacks, but those huge savings outweigh the drawbacks.

One of those drawbacks is the fact that an older textbook would not be up to date. However, I take care of that in lecture with coverage of current media tech news, etc.

Visit WilliamHartPhD.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Your comment will be reviewed.
If acceptable, it will be posted after it is carefully reviewed. The review process may take a few minutes or maybe a day or two.