New on YouTube: Khan Academy: The future of education? - CBS/YouTube
FYI - The Headlines:
- ODU holds Football 101 for international students | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads
- Some Ga. Schools Make Mandarin Mandatory : NPR [Audio]
- Chinese Universities Attract More Foreign Students | Inside Higher Ed
- Essay on what new faculty members need to know about salaries | Inside Higher Ed
- Studies Show More Students Cheat, Even High Achievers - NYTimes.com
- Colleges Need Clear, Functional Goals - Letters to the Editor - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Pell spending declines despite growth in grant recipients | Inside Higher Ed
- Professional College Counselors Can Help Students Succeed - Letters to the Editor - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Student Focus
- Tip Sheet | How to Succeed in College - NYTimes.com
- 12 Things Students Should Never Do on Social Media - Mashable!
- Teach Students What They Don't Know But Are Ready To Learn | Psychology Today
- Student Opinion | What Music Inspires You? - NYTimes.com
- Advice for using classroom teaching to enhance student success (essay) | Inside Higher Ed
- Education and Politics
FYI - Teaching Tech:
- Top 10 Simple Things Every Computer User Should Know How to Do
- Into the Future With MOOC's - Commentary - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- How (and Why) to Participate in a Tweetchat - ProfHacker - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- 10 Emerging Education and Instructional Technologies that all Educators Should Know About (2012) | Emerging Education Technology
- 8 Great Education and Instructional Technology Infographics | Emerging Education Technology
- Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Classroom 2.0 with 75 Articles from Innovative Educators | Emerging Education Technology
Note: Some of the Chronicle articles may not have the full story. Usually they offer just the lead of the story and charge for full access. However, your university probably has full access. If you are interested in a Chronicle story from above, check with your universities library site. For example, my university (NSU), offers access to the full articles.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.