New on YouTube:
Google Plus for Higher Education (31 educational uses for Google+ - YouTube
Note: They are using Google+ Hangouts to do this video conference call.
FYI - The Headlines:
- U.S. News Releases Its Take on the Best Colleges - College Bound - Education Week
- Top B-Schools See Application Declines | Inside Higher Ed
- Digitally Savvy Students Play Hide-and-Seek With Campus Messages - Technology - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Counselors a Resource for College-Goers, But Many Find Them Unapproachable - College Bound - Education Week
- Education Week: NAEP Shows Most Students Lack Writing Proficiency
- Essay on how a fellowship refreshed an academic career | Inside Higher Ed
- Academic Success is Multi-Factorial | Psychology Today
- Student Athletes and Higher Education - C-SPAN Video Library
- Getting to the Root of 'Radical' - The Chronicle Review - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Capacity to Blush at Plagiarism - Letters to the Editor - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- A Living Wage for Campus Workers - Commentary - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Researchers argue over school vouchers' impact on college-going | Inside Higher Ed
- That's Dr. So-and-So to You - Graduate Students - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The World of Higher Ed
- International educators discuss problem of fraud | Inside Higher Ed
- Internationalization Of Higher Education In The United States Of America And Europe - Hans, De Witt - YouTube
- Many Africans Look to China for a Prosperous Future - Global - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Get the Most Out of Studying Abroad for the Least Amount of Cash | HackCollege
- Panelists debate 'lingua academia' vs. linguistic diversity | Inside Higher Ed
- Chicago Teachers
Taking Care of the Teacher
- Really? Using a Computer Before Bed Can Disrupt Sleep - NYTimes.com
- Upgrade Your Sleep This Weekend - Lifehacker
- How To Maximize Your Sleep Schedule | HackCollege
- Are You Future-Focused or Present-Focused? - Lifehacker
- Take the Cognitive Science Quiz | Psychology Today
- Keep Two To-Do ListsWhat Would College In The Cloud Be Like? | HackCollege, One Electronic and One Paper, To Help Prioritize Daily Lists - Lifehacker
- Are Your Goals Holding You Back? - Lifehacker
- Find Hundreds of Free eBooks, Audio Books, and Textbooks at Open Culture - Lifehacker
FYI - Teaching Tech:
- Google Course Builder to Allow Anyone to Create an Educational Course | HackCollege
- What Would College In The Cloud Be Like? | HackCollege
- 10 (More) Google Shortcuts to Hone Your Google-Fu - Lifehacker
- 6 Apps That Let You Text for Free - Mashable!
- UVa: MOOCs, Revenue, Enrollment, and Blended Learning | Inside Higher Ed
- MOOCs, Reputation and Credit Ratings | Inside Higher Ed
- Class2Go: A New Way of Learning | HackCollege
- Our Curriculum Is Not Whispersyncing | Inside Higher Ed
- Doing DH versus Doing Digital | Inside Higher Ed
Click for other recent For Fellow Faculty News.
Note: Some of the Chronicle articles may not have the full story. Usually they offer just the lead of the story and charge for full access. However, your university probably has full access. If you are interested in a Chronicle story from above, check with your universities library site. For example, my university (NSU), offers access to the full articles.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.