- Emblems … can be used to replace words, direct verbal translation
- Illustrators … accompany and clarify spoken word
- Affect displays … movement of face, etc… show emotion
- Regulators ... movements which encourage or discourage further communication … “traffic cops” of conversation
- Adaptors … movements to satisfy physical or psychological discomfort
Which more universal? Why more culturally relative?
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.