Wednesday, January 20, 2010

James Patterson on Women in his Writing

Suzanne's Diary for NicholasIn my last post I shared some info. about why James Patterson sometimes writes from a woman's perspective, for example, in the Women's Murder Club series and in Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas.

Just found a little more info. on this.  In an undated interview, when asked about writing from a woman's perspective, Patterson says:
"I grew up in a house full of women: my mother, grandmother, three sisters, and two female cats. And I still have the buzz of their conversations in my head. As an adult, I have more female friends than male ones: I just love the way that women talk."
Notice the similarity between this answer and the answer he gave in the video found in my previous post.  Sounds like he has been asked this question many times and now has a "standard" answer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Your comment will be reviewed.
If acceptable, it will be posted after it is carefully reviewed. The review process may take a few minutes or maybe a day or two.